Before You Go Abroad
Congratulations! You have been selected as a participant of an international exchange programme.
After receiving an official confirmation of your nomination from the coordinator of the Study Abroad Office, you can start getting ready for your international experience.
In the near future you will need to:
- Fill out a profile form sent by the host university;
- Receive an official invitation from the host university;
- Make sure that your international passport is valid during your entire stay abroad;
- Obtain insurance that complies with the requirements of the host university;
- Obtain a visa to enter the country where you plan to study;
- Get a medical certificate if necessary;
- Look for housing;
- Book tickets and check luggage requirements;
- Ask a coordinator at your host university if they can assign a buddy (tutor, fellow) who will help you during your stay;
- Attend a pre-departure orientation at HSE;
- Read recommendations for people who are travelling abroad.
All HSE students who plan to participate in international exchange programmes must attend a pre-departure orientation where they will receive recommendations on how to prepare for international experience at a host university, ask questions, and receive useful advice about how to gain the most from their programmes.