After your nomination for exchange by SIMO
We recommend to set deadlines for each of the actions listed below, using a checklist:
HSE students going on an exchange abroad are obligated to attend an HSE orientation session either:
- in person (for Moscow students);
- through our webinars (for students from other HSE campuses).
- Ask your questions;
- Get recommendations on how to prepare;
- Learn more about a hosting institution first-hand.
November - December 2018 (further datails TBD).
Calculate spendings on:
NB! If a third party awards you with a scholarship, please mind you will possibly receive your first allowance after the first month of studies. Be ready to cover all the expenses during this period from your own money.
The details on how to register are provided:
- by a mobility coordinator of a hosting institution;
- via Program catalogue;
- via search on the Internet.
NB! Carefully follow the deadlines for registration at a hosting institution and for applications for dormitories.
Make sure your passport will be valid for the appropriate period beyond the end of your exchange. Consult with an embassy/consulate/visa center where you will be applying for a visa.
NB! You can apply for a visa no earlier than 3 months and no later than 1 month before your departure.
- Check the list of things you need to take with you.
- Check the recommendations for a foreigner in a country of your stay on the website of a Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country.