1. Is it possible to apply without a language certificate IELTS/TOEFL?
You can apply to a mobility program without a language certificate IELTS/TOEFL if:
— a partner institution accepts other official language certificates (applicable for BA and MA students);
— if a partner institution accepts HSE Independent English Exam certificate or Europass Language Passport (applicable for BA students only).
НSE Independent English Exam certificate does not equal to the official IELTS certificate.
2. How to write a motivation letter?
It’s up to a student what information they find important to include into their motivation letter and weather to write a motivation letter for each of the selected universities or one for all.
Keep in mind that a motivation letter is your only chance to introduce yourself and announce your intentions to the Selection committee.
3. How does academic performance influence the results of the selection?
The Committee takes into consideration both cumulative and current ratings as well as percentile. The latest published scores are taken into account.
4. Does the tuition discount remain upon the return to HSE?
The tuition discount at HSE remains if a student successfully passes the exams at a partner institution and has the grades transferred into the HSE grading system.
5. Is it possible to participate in a student exchange during the last semester of a degree program and how to defend a thesis?
Students can take part in a mobility program during their last semester if they have an approval from the Academic Supervisor of their study program.
Students should find out the terms of the thesis defense at their study office.
6. Is it possible to withdraw from the selection process at some point?
You can withdraw from a selection process at any moment, having informed SIMO about your decision. Do it as soon as you have made up your mind, so that the spot reserved for you could be passed on to the other student.
7. Is it possible to apply to a university, which is not on the list of partner institutions?
It is possible. However, a student will have to look for a program and apply to the institution by themselves as well as cover all the expenses, including tuition fees.
8. Can students studying at reserve-officer training department participate in a mobility program?
Yes, they can. However, if a student going on an exchange interrupts their training at the department, the department will have to expel them with no right of readmission.